Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyaya (September 25, 1916–February 11, 1968) an Indian philosopher, economist, sociologist, historian and political activist, propounded the concept of ‘Antyodaya’ which means the “rise of the last person”. He stressed on ‘Antyodaya’ to rid the nation of extreme poverty which also formed a part of his core philosophy of “Integral Humanism”. A revered icon of Integral Humanism, he was an ideologue and a guiding force for an alternative model of governance and politics. He visualized for India a decentralized polity and self-reliant economy with the village as the base.
100th Birth Anniversary of Pt. Deen Dayal Upadhyaya was celebrated on September 25, 2017 by focussing on the efforts underway in India to empower the underprivileged through various schemes to eliminate poverty based on his philosophy of “Antyodaya” and “integrating humanism.” This aligns with the efforts to achieve Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) 2030 objectives.
In line with SDGs 2030 objectives and “Antyodaya” philosophy, the Government of India has undertaken a wide range of initiatives to ensure all-round & inclusive development to empower the poor from all States and UTs to make them the driving force in the journey of transforming India.
Some of the Schemes are:
1. Deen Dayal Upadhyay Antyodaya Yojna
Deen Dayal Antyodaya Yojana-(DAY-NULM) aims for uplift of urban and rural poor through enhancement of livelihood opportunities through skill development and other means. Under this scheme all women from the rural poor will be organized into Self Help Groups to gain access to financial resources and improving their livelihoods.
This scheme has made significant dent on urban poverty and helped in upliftment of the urban poor in 4041 statutory cities and towns. The details regarding the objectives, impact, achievement and successful case studies of the scheme can be accessed at http://nulm.gov.in/ website.
2. Direct Benefits Transfer scheme
Direct Benefits Transfer (DBT) aims at eliminating the middleman and plugging the leaks that cause losses both to the source and the recipients of public money.
The details regarding the objectives, impact, achievements and successful case studies of the scheme can be accessed at https://dbtbharat.gov.in website.
3. Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana (DDU-GKY)
The Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana (DDU-GKY), under the Ministry of Rural Development (MoRD), announced on September 23, 2014, is a critical component of the National Skill Development Policy, and with ambitious agenda, to benchmark wage placement-linked skill programmes to global standards and requirements. The ultimate aim is to convert India’s demographic surplus into a demographic dividend by developing rural India into a globally preferred source of skilled labour.
The scheme which is a major contributor to the Prime Minister’s Make in India campaign, has played a crucial role in poverty alleviation. The details regarding the objectives, impact, achievements and successful case studies of the scheme can be accessed at https://ddugky.gov.in website.
4. Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojna (DDUGJY)
The Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojna (DDUGJY) launched on 25th July 2015 has lit up the lives of thousands of people, hitherto submerged in darkness since Independence. It focuses on
Providing round the clock power to rural households and adequate power to agricultural consumers. Since then, as on today Out of 597,464 census villages, 593,894 villages (99.4%) have been electrified.
The details regarding the objectives, impact, achievements and successful case studies of the scheme can be accessed at www.ddugjy.gov.in website.
5. Mudra Yojna
Micro Units Development and Refinance Agency Bank (MUDRA Bank), is a new institution set-up by the Government of India for development of micro units and refinance of MFIs to encourage entrepreneurship in India and provide the funding to the non corporate small business sector.
The details regarding the objectives, impact, achievements and successful case studies of the scheme can be accessed at www.mudra.org.in website.
6. Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana
It is an ambitious social welfare scheme launched on 1st May 2016 aimed at transforming the lives of women, their children and indeed their entire household, by providing them smoke-free lives. It aims to provide LPG connections to BPL households and replacing the unclean cooking fuels mostly used in the rural India with the clean and more efficient LPG (Liquefied Petroleum Gas).
The details regarding the objectives, impact, achievements and successful case studies of the scheme can be accessed at www.pmujjwalayojana.com website.
7. Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Swaniyojana Yojana
Government is planning Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Swaniyojana Yojana which envisions healthy rural entrepreneurship ecosystem. Swaniyojana’s scheme wants to guarantee livelihood of young people creating rural self-employment opportunities.
The details regarding the objectives, impact, achievements and successful case studies of the scheme can be accessed at www.rural.nic.in website.
In the context of the above, the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) specified by UNDP to eliminate poverty in India by empowering poor through various initiatives based on the philosophy of “poverty alleviation” and “integrating humanism” of Pt. Deen Dayal Upadhyaya.
- Tribute To Former Prime Minister Bharat Ratna Poet And Statesman,Late Shri Atal Bihari Vakpayee Ji Ko Shraddhanjali
- Sadbhavna Day Pledge was Administered By H.E. Mr. Manoj Kumar Bharti, Ambassador of India To Ukraine To All India-Based Members of Embassy of India, Kyiv, Ukraine on 20 Aug 2018.
- Important information regarding Kerala Flood Relief and Donation to CM's Disaster Relief Fund.
- 6TH ASIA-PACIFIC CONGRESS OF SERICULTURE AND INSECT BIOTECHNOLOGY (APSERI-2019) SCHEDULED DURING MARCH, 2019 AT MYSORE
More details can be seen at http://inserco.org/en/node/10
- Bharat Ko Janiye Quiz 2018-19
- Global Investors Summit 2019, will be held on 23-24 February 2019 at Brilliant Convention Centre in Indore, Madhya Pradesh.
- Due to Demise of former Prime Minister of India and Bharat Ratna, Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee on Thursday 16 August 2018, All cultural activities except Yoga scheduled in the premises of Embassy of India in Kyiv has been Cancelled till 22 August 2018.
- On the occasion of 72nd Independence Day, Flag hoisting ceremony was performed by H.E. Mr. Manoj Kumar Bharti, Ambassador of India in Ukraine, followed by singing of National Anthem. Embassy officials, Indian Diaspora, Indian Students, friend from Ukraine attended the ceremony
- 72nd Independence Day function was celebrated with additional fervor and gaiety at the Embassy of India, Kyiv today morning. Flag hoisting ceremony was performed which was followed by singing of our National Anthem. H.E. Mr. Manoj K. Bharti, Ambassador, read out speech of Hon’ble President on the occasion. The function was well attended by the Indian community and friends of India in Kyiv.
- On the occasion of 72nd Independence Day of Republic of India, Cultural Classes scheduled in the Premises of Embassy of India in Kyiv, for 14th and 15th August 2018 stands CANCEL.
- United Nations social media cards in multiple languages on India's contribution to the UN Peacekeeping Missions
- Celebration of 72nd Independence Day of India
- 11th World Hindi Conference is taking place in Mauritius from 18-20 August 2018.
- 4th Intentional day of Yoga was celebrated in 20 cities of Ukraine with lots of enthusiasm and zeal on 21 June 2018. Approximately 4861 people actively participated and yoga Aasnas were performed by the citizens of Ukraine and Indian Students.
- People from Bihar are doing magnificent work abroad.
- Passport Seva Devas on 26-27 June 2018
- The 4th International day of Yoga was celebrated in a grand way holding Yoga Marathon on 23 June 2018 at khreschatyk Street in the heart of City at Mariinsky Park in Kyiv, Ukraine
- Bharat Ko Janiye Quiz 2018-19
- On the occasion of 4th International Day of Yoga, Embassy of India in Ukraine organised Yoga Mela on 21 June at one of the central places, Marinsky part in capital city of Ukraine, Kiev
- Letter writing campaign at international level engaging the Indian diaspora.
- 4th IDY - 3D videos of the Prime Minister of India, Shri Narendra Modi, a keen practitioner of Yoga, practicing various Asanas
- Interview with HE Manoj K. Bharti: Breathing benefits of Yoga