There are approximately 5000 Indian students studying medicine and engineering in Ukrainian universities. There is also a small Indian business community in Kyiv.
Indian Community Welfare Fund
The Embassy of India, Kyiv, with the approval of Ministry of Overseas Indian Affairs, has established Indian Community Welfare Fund (ICWF) .
Objective of the Scheme:
The Indian Community Welfare Fund (ICWF) is aimed at providing the following services on a means tested basis in the most deserving cases:
- 1 Boarding and lodging for distressed Overseas Indian workers in household/domestic sectors and unskilled labourers;
- 2 Extending emergency medical care to the Overseas Indians in need;
- 3 Providing air passage to stranded Overseas Indians in need;
- 4 Providing initial legal assistance to the Overseas Indians in deserving cases;
- 5 Expenditure on incidentals and for airlifting the mortal remains to India or local cremation/burial of the deceased Overseas Indians in such cases where the sponsor is unable or unwilling to do so as per the contract and the family is unable to meet the cost.
Source of funding
A. Service charge on consular services:
In addition to the fees specified in the website, a compulsory service charge of USD 2/- will be levied for Passport, Visa, OCI, PIO cards, attestation of documents, and other miscellaneous consular services rendered by the Mission to Indian nationals .
B. Voluntary contributions by Indian community:
Indian community members may like to contribute towards the fund for which a proper receipt giving names and addresses of the contributors will be issued by the Mission.
For more information please contact India Club
Ph. (+380) 509155273,