PSLV-C37 Successfully Launches 104 Satellites in a Single Flight
At 0928 hrs IST today morning, ISRO successfully launched the 714 kg Cartosat-2 Series Satellite along with 103 co-passenger satellites on board ISRO's Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle, PSLV- C37, from Satish Dhawan Space Centre, Sriharikota.
It is the highest number of satellites launched in one single mission anywhere. Prime Minister Narendra Modi congratulated the space scientific community and the nation for this proud feat.
This is the thirty eighth consecutive successful mission of PSLV. All the 104 satellites were successfully separated from the PSLV fourth stage in a predetermined sequence. The total number of Indian satellites launched by PSLV now stands at 46.
The imagery from the Cartosat-2 series satellite will be useful for cartographic applications, urban and rural applications, coastal land use, utility management like road network monitoring, water distribution, change detection to bring out geographical and manmade features and various other Land Information System (LIS) and Geographical Information System (GIS) applications.
The data sets could be used for urban planning of 500 cities under the Amrut Planning Scheme. ISRO Nano Satellites, INS-1 and INS-2, were also launched.
In addition, 101 foreign nano satellites from six countries were launched in a significant international dimension. Of these, 96 were from the United States, and 1 each from Israel, Kazakhstan, UAE, the Netherlands and Switzerland. With today's successful launch, the total number of customer satellites from abroad launched by India's PSLV has reached 180.
This mission involved many technical challenges such as realising the launch of a large number of satellites during a single mission within stipulated time frame. Besides, ensuring adequate separation between all the 104 satellites during their orbital injection as well as during their subsequent orbital life was yet another complexity associated with this mission. With this launch, ISRO has further bolstered its impeccable scientific credentials as a reliable partner for space initiatives.
- Deputy Minister for Foreign Affairs of Ukraine Mr Sergíy Kyslytsya received the copies of Credentials from the newly appointed Ambassador of the Republic of India to Ukraine H.E. Mr. Partha Satpathy.
- Mahatma Gandhi's favourite bhajan ‘Vaishnava Jan To’ goes global
- Dhai Akhar Letter Writing Campaign at International Level
- A visual narrative on Gandhi’s life on facade of Gulliver Mall, Kyiv, Ukraine from 6:30 pm to 10:00 pm on 2nd October 2018
- Scholarship Programme for Diaspora Children(SPDC)
- The Embassy of India is celebrating 150th Birth Anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi and International Day of non-violence on 2nd October, 2018 by organizing a ‘Satya Vaarta’: Talks on the influence of Gandhian thought in the modern world.
- ITEC Day Celebration in Embassy of India in Ukraine
- INVITATION FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FOR SHORT-LISTING FOR ARCHITECTS / ARCHITERCTURAL FIRMS
- ЗАПРОШЕННЯ ДОВСІХ, ХТО БАЖАЄ ВЗЯТИ УЧАСТЬ У ТЕНДЕРІ НА ОБРАННЯ АРХІТЕКТОРА/АРХІТЕКТУРНОЇ КОМПАНІЇ
- Inauguration of Indian film festival in Ternopil with the Governor
- Meeting the Governor of Lviv and inauguration of India-Ukrain international association
- 14th Higher Education Summit, 2018, a Global Conference and Exhibition - October, 30 to November 1, 2018 at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi
- 15th Pravasi Bharatiya Divas - 2019