PSLV-C37 Successfully Launches 104 Satellites in a Single Flight
At 0928 hrs IST today morning, ISRO successfully launched the 714 kg Cartosat-2 Series Satellite along with 103 co-passenger satellites on board ISRO's Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle, PSLV- C37, from Satish Dhawan Space Centre, Sriharikota.
It is the highest number of satellites launched in one single mission anywhere. Prime Minister Narendra Modi congratulated the space scientific community and the nation for this proud feat.
This is the thirty eighth consecutive successful mission of PSLV. All the 104 satellites were successfully separated from the PSLV fourth stage in a predetermined sequence. The total number of Indian satellites launched by PSLV now stands at 46.
The imagery from the Cartosat-2 series satellite will be useful for cartographic applications, urban and rural applications, coastal land use, utility management like road network monitoring, water distribution, change detection to bring out geographical and manmade features and various other Land Information System (LIS) and Geographical Information System (GIS) applications.
The data sets could be used for urban planning of 500 cities under the Amrut Planning Scheme. ISRO Nano Satellites, INS-1 and INS-2, were also launched.
In addition, 101 foreign nano satellites from six countries were launched in a significant international dimension. Of these, 96 were from the United States, and 1 each from Israel, Kazakhstan, UAE, the Netherlands and Switzerland. With today's successful launch, the total number of customer satellites from abroad launched by India's PSLV has reached 180.
This mission involved many technical challenges such as realising the launch of a large number of satellites during a single mission within stipulated time frame. Besides, ensuring adequate separation between all the 104 satellites during their orbital injection as well as during their subsequent orbital life was yet another complexity associated with this mission. With this launch, ISRO has further bolstered its impeccable scientific credentials as a reliable partner for space initiatives.
- 70th Republic Day of India function was celebrated with traditional fervor and gaiety at the Embassy of India, Kyiv on 26th January 2019
- H.E. Mr. Partha Satpathy, Ambassador of India to Ukraine, during XVIII All-Ukrainian festival of Indian dances ‘Rhythms of Joy’ held in Kyiv on October 28, 2018.
- On January 25, 2019, H.E. Mr. Partha Sathpahty, Ambassador of India in Ukraine, participated in 'Head to Head' programme at national Ukrainian TV-channel UA|TV. The programme was dedicated t India-Ukraine relations in various fields and areas.
- The Embassy of India in Ukraine hosted a reception on 25 January 2019 to celebrate the 70th Republic Day of India.
- Celebration of 70th Republic Day of India in Ukraine
- NATIONAL VOTERS DAY - JANUARY 25, 2019
- The Embassy of India, Kyiv will be celebrating 70th Republic Day on 26 January 2019 (Saturday) at the Chancery Premises at 1000 hrs
- Upcoming Pravasi Bharatiya Divas 2019
- Celebration of Pravasi Bhartiya Diwas (PBD) and Vishwa Hindi Diwas on 09 January 2018 in the Embassy premises
- 2nd Annual Business Seminar on "India - the Global Power in Pharmaceuticals - Reliable Partner of Ukraine" held on November 30, 2018 Kyiv